Frequently Asked Questions

How often do you receive residential vacancies?

The rate at which we receive vacancies is highly variable, but as all of our tenants are required to give the standard 60 days’ notice of their intention to vacate. As such, we would recommend that you call at least two months prior to your intended move-in date.

Do you require a deposit?

Yes, we require first and last months' rent paid in full for all of our Residential and Commercial rentals. Your last month’s rent deposit will be held until you give notice to vacate and then it will be applied to your last month’s rent.

Can I use my last month’s rent to use towards another month’s rent?

Unfortunately, no. The last month’s rent can only be applied to your last month of tenancy.

When is rent due?

Rent is due in full on the first of every month. You may submit post-dated cheques, sign up for pre-authorized debit or credit withdrawal, or visit our head office at 147 Wyndham Street North, Suite 401 to pay by cheque, cash, debit, credit card, or certified cheque/money order.  We also have a drop box next to the office door for after-hours payments, however, the office is not liable for cash deposited into the mail slot.  Late payments are in violation of all leases and can be grounds for eviction.

How do I apply for an apartment or commercial unit?

We meet all prospective tenants before offering an application so please call the office at 519-821-4610 to book a showing of your desired space.

Do you allow pets?

Legally landlords must allow pets, but if pets causes damage or their noise or smell disturbs neighbours it could be cause for eviction. Many of our units would not be suitable for large animals as they do not have a fenced backyard and we insist that all pets are kept in a safe and humane setting so that they do not become anxious, irritable, or vocal.  We require that tenants state if they do own a pet on the application and pets must abide by municipal and provincial bylaws and laws regarding type of animal, number of animals in the unit, etc.

Can I sublet my apartment or commercial unit?

Sublets require written Landlord permission and are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the office to discuss your specific situation.

Can I break my lease?

All of our residential leases are one year and commercial leases are a minimum of three years, and all leases are legally binding. Tenants are responsible for their unit until their lease has ended. However, tenants may find a suitable subletter (who will be pre-approved by the landlord) to take over the remainder of the lease.

Who do I contact for maintenance concerns regarding my unit?

Please contact the office at 519-821-4610 between the hours of 9am-5pm, or if you have an emergency after-hours please call the office and follow the prompts to our emergency dispatch service. Please note the dispatch service can only help in emergencies so if your issue is non-urgent they will direct you to call back during office hours.

Do you rent to students?

Due to a variety of reasons, the foremost being a high turnover rate, we do not rent to undergraduate students. The Landlord may rent to a masters or PhD on a case-by-case basis. There are many student friendly buildings in Guelph and many advertise at